Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

A Stolen Life..... A Review.....

I LOVE to read....  Autobiographies are some of my favorites...  Books written on experience, on people's thoughts, and feelings, I LOVE to read, and become part of the story, to see, and feel how the people feel, I think it makes people more compassionate...  I know it has made me more compassionate, it has helped me to realize that no matter how hard I think my life is, someone else is going thru something UNIMAGINABLE... 
Jaycee Duggar is one of the strongest people I have ever even thought of reading about...  The things she endured for 18 years are unimaginable to anyone out there...  I bought the book, with the intention of reading it...  It arrived the other day, I stared at it...  would I be ready to read it??  ummmm...  no, not just yet, I knew it would be graphic...  she stated that on the Dateline interview I saw her in...  I knew it would be unbelievable, I had a feeling that it would make me ANGRY!  I don't have kids... BUT I do have nieces, ok, they're mostly all "adoptive," BUT it counts, I have LOTS of friends with little girls.  I wasn't sure I would be able to read thru it... I talked it over with a friend from work...  and we decided that we would try, and see..  so it took me 2 days....  and a lot of staring at it, but I finally picked it up this morning...  I thought I would wait until I was done to write my review...  But after 2 hours of reading, and lots of mixed feelings and emotions, and a few FB breaks here and there I thought I would start now...  I thought it would be a good idea just to note how I felt throughout the book!!  ;)
  • Page 18, I was SOOOOO unbelievably angry with the guy that I seriously wanted to go find him and punch him in the face....
  • Page 52, Time to take a brake, the book is very "detailed,"  WAAAAYYYY more detailed than I readied myself for...  I must now get ready to go to a bridal shower, and I think it's best if I "reflect" a little on what I've read...   
August 17-19th
 I finally picked up the book again while on the plane to NY!  It definitely got easier to read after I got back to it...  Most of the "details" were within the first 52 pages...  :)
I ended up LOVING the book, really finding the story interesting, and educational..
I learned that the system REALLY did let this poor girl down... 
She is one of the most positive and hopeful people that I "know"...
Her spirit and willingness to "move on" are amazing to me...
I thoroughly recomend everyone read this book... 
BUT BE WARNED AND ADVISED THAT IT IS VERY SERIOUS READING...  there are a lot of things that I learned that I wish I hadn't learned, but I LOVED the bool nonetheless...  and I loved getting the story from Jaycee herself!!  :)  Happy reading everyone!!! 


No comments: