Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mozzarella stuffed meatballs

THIS is BY FAR my FAVORITE recipe...  I LOVE mozzarela and meatballs aren't bad...  ;)  I made some changes to this one, to cater to what I liked and had readily available...  :)  We ate these with spaghetti, and also in rolls as meatball sandwiches...  :)  the possibilities for this recipe are ENDLESS!!!  :)
The original recipe can be found here
I used
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 egg
ground beef, you can probably use ground turkey for these too!
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 cup of finely chopped white onion
1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of milk
2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
a little mustard
regular salt, a pinch
black pepper, a pinch
garlic salt, a pinch 
mozzarella balls, or 2/2 mozzarella squares, 10-15 should be enough
Mix all ingredients except the oil, and mozzarella, together make balls out of the meat and stuff them with the cheese...  make sure they are all covered and set on a 9/13 baking dish with a little sauce on the bottom, that was my personal preference!  ;)
and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes!  ENJOY!
I skipped a few ingredients from the original because I either didn't have them, or didn't know what they were or what they would taste like!!  ;)   
My "egg nest" meatballs.... 

....all closed up, and almost ready for the oven!

Her recipe doesn't call for putting sauce in the pyrex for cooking, but I added a little sauce to the bottom just for kicks, and because i didn't want them to burn or dry out..  and let me tell you that it added a little extra flavor to them that was AMAZING!!  :)

Ready to go in!!! 
look at that ozzing heavenly cheese...  ;)  in case you didn't know I LOVE cheese!!  ;)

...and the final product...  in a roll...  YUMM...  nothing like a good ol' meatball sandwich for dinner after a long day at work!  ;)

3 comments:

C said...

stephane looked at this from over my shoulder and is now requesting it for dinner ;) looks deeelish!!!!!!

maria said...

YAY!!! I hope you guys enjoy them... they were super easy to make... if I was closer I'd invite myself over for dinner... ;) my family isn't so excited about ground beef... and ground turkey isn't my favorite!! haha!!! :) send me a pic!! ;)

Karen Carter said...

So glad you shared the recipe! these look amazing and I am going to try them soon. Love ya