Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The lucky one, a review...

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Nicholas Sparks?  I think I have read all of his books at least twice...  I think everyone should give him a try, his stories are seriously amazing, and this one was no different. 
This is a story about a U.S. Marine who finds a photograph of a woman in the dirt furing his third tour of duty in Iraq.  At first he thought of tossing it asside, but then thought twice about it, he tries to see if anyone will claim it, and when noone does he keeps it, and carries it in his pocket...  ALWAYS!  Soon he starts to experience luck, he starts winning at poker, and he even survives deadly combat in which some of his friends die...  his best friend Victor is the only one who seems to have an explanation for his fortune, the "lucky" photograph, his lucky charm.
Eventually, Thibault, the Marine, decides to go out and try to find the woman in the picture.  She ends up being a divorced mother of a young son, and she also ends up being the girl he's been waiting his whole life to meet.  Caught off guard by the attraction he feels, he keeps the story of the photo and his luck a secret.  As he and Elizabeth embark on a passionate love affair, the secret he carries threatens to tear them apart, destroying not only their love, but also their lives...  (that's the description on the back of the book!)
LOVE, LOVE this story, and I think everyone should read it!!  :)  let me know if you want to borrow my copy!!  ;)

No comments: