Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Heaven is For Real, A Review........

The Book

It's Description!
A young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven.
Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.
Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.
Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.
The Review!
Have you ever held a book in your hand that ABSOLUTELY sucked in after the first few pages??  I have a few times, and those are my favorite reads...  THIS book did just that for me...  I meant to just read a few pages, and move on to the rest of my day...  and 3 hours later, I was at the end...  I couldn't bring myself to put it down! I must admit that it WAS an ABSOLUTE beautiful sunday and reading it poolside may of made it better...  ;) 
Heaven is For Real really hit close to home, I think it's a book that "speaks" to us, as long as we're open and willling to hear what it is telling us... 
Colton's "story" is nothing short of AMAZING, and it reminded me of something my aunt told my mom when my dad was really sick in the hospital, while we were waiting and unsure of what the outcome of his surgery would be...  (This is something that I haven't shared with a lot of people, it's something that again, can only be "believed" if we are open and willing...) 
My mom and Aunt have got to be the most Faithful people I know, we were waiting for his incision which had reopened to heal back up...  It had to have been the MOST, and I mean the MOST stressful few days EVER for us...  Basically they had told us, we could wait and hope for it to heal on it's own, if not they would have to go back in and try to close it, and the chances of him making it out of THAT were pretty slim...  We decided to wait a few days...  and on the last day we all prayed and pleaded for a miracle some more, and one actually came...  It came to my aunt though...  I still remember my mom telling me she got a call on her way to the hospital, my aunt told her she had a dream and she saw the "hole" close...  just like that, then she woke up...  weird...  at least we all thought it was, for a little while....  I'm not sure I was a complete believer then...  UNTIL the surgeon came back in and told us that the incision was in fact healed and they wouldn't have to go in...  she couldn't believe it, said she couldn't explain why...  WE ALL COULD though, it was our miracle, the one we had all prayed for...  God had heard us and everyone that had been praying for us...  During his stay at the hospital, my dad, who is also very faithful in his own way held a miniature child of prague in his pocket...  THE WHOLE TIME!  He said it was him that kept him safe...
We all have our beliefs, our ways in which we communicate with God, Our own personal ways in we choose to see the things that God places before us... 
Colton's story is also a reminder that God is always looking out for us...  I can't say that I have ever read another christian type story before...  This one I LOVED, I already let my friend borrow it, I told her it was a MUST read...  and it most definitely is, EVERYONE should read it...  and if you want to borrow mine you're more than welcome too!!  ;)

No comments: