Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend........

"I LOVE everything that is old, old friends, old times, old books, old wine..."
I literaly had the most amazing weekend, and it was full of "old" things.....  I couldn't of asked for anything better.....  It started off with a out-of-the-blue meeting with an old friend.  We had the funnest time "catching" up, laughing, eating, enjoying the Angel game, taking pictures, and the firework show after.....  All his idea, and all my favorite things.... (there may be more on this later)  ;)  It seriously felt like I was enjoying an evening with an old friend, there was no awkardness, or weirdness, which is what I seem to encounter with other people around me.... 
It's funny how the older I get the more awkward I feel when meeting new people, I'm not sure why?  maybe it's because most people seem to think that there is something "wrong" with me, a girl in her early 30's soon to be mid-30's, (I have a birthday coming up....  ahhhhh!!!  ;))  with no kids, to speak of.... I mean at my age I should have 1, 2 maybe 3???  Funny how I get at least one of these comments a week....  yes, STILL!!!   I used to be much more confident in my 20's, ahhhhhh....  and boy do I MISS that confidence everyday..... the good ol' college days, shoot I was a whole heck of a lot more confident BEFORE I turned 30....  30 made way to a WHOLE new stereotype, one I definitly don't fit into, and one that makes feel like it, the further into I get.... 
So back to this weekend.....  :)  haha!!  It's always great hang out with people who know who we really are, people who don't act like I'm broken, people who really do care about how I feel,  and about what I'm doing....  The txt messages to "check on me" are always a "treat"!!!  thanks girls....  :) 
Then it was off to twin peaks to meet up with my family....  we spent the weekend  up there, well they did, I went up after work on saturday....  :)  It was so peaceful, up there....  the cabin was a perfect place to be with my thoughts....  haha!!  sounds cheeese, but that's what I did this morning when I woke up BEFORE everyone else.....  some things never change!!  ;)  the leaves and the trees were beautiful....
 Thank you God for helping to put everything into perspective today....  :)  for bringing old friends back into my life....  for making me understand that everything is going to work out....  and that....
"Life really and truly is a Journey, and NOT a Deastination"
I think this is the part where I will tell myself to start enjoying the journey into the 30's.... again....  haha! I have a feeling good things are on the way to me...  but in order so see them, I need to re-gain some of that confidence I had so much of in my 20's.....  here's to hoping I can stop caring what "some" people say, and start listening to what the "important" people have to say!!!  :)

No comments: