Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Cupcake cakes!!!

Beginner class number 2 had to do with 3D design, and learning how to "fill" a cake, so design and fill is what we did!!  :)
For this class I made a lemon cake with lemon filling, the filling was delicious....  I definitly think I will be making this cake again, but I think next time I will make the lemon frosting to go with it too!! 
I colored my frosting yellow and covered my cake with it....  :)
I forgot to take pictures of the process, but we traced the cupcake from a picture onto a piece of wax paper with piping gel, then we transfered the design onto our cake and decorated with the colors that we chose..... 
our final projects!!  :)  I LOVE, LOVE how bright Krista's yellow turned out..... and Gaby's blue turned out bright too!!  I LOVED it, I'm all about the bright colors!  :)
My final project!  I decided to add streamers to mine!!  :)
I can't wait to try this technique out again!!

No comments: