Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mazatlan style enchiladas..... Yummmmm!!!!

For Jessica's Birthday I decided to make her lunch to celebrate...  I made these tasty Mazatlan style green enchiladas that or friend Janet had made for us once before....  I may of cooked them  little too long, but they turned out good anyway!!  Who doesn't like a little extra crispy tortilla anyway, huh??  ;)

I started by "cooking" the pasilla pepper , this givesi it a little bit more flavor, next time I think I'll plan ahead and make it in the oven, I think it may be easier that way!  :)
then it was time to cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds, I don't do spicy so wash and remove is what i did! 
then it was time to shred the chicken.....  and yes I separatly cooked some chicken breasts and shredded them, i think that if I'm short on time next time I may try to get one of those already cooked rotisserie chickens and shred that instead, but we'll see....  I think I may like the cooked chicken breasts myself..  ;)
then it was time to mix all of the ingredients together and make the sauce....  yummmmm....
then it was time to spread put it all together!!  :)  first I had to spread the sauce on the bottom of the dish
 
then it was time to roll and place...  :)
ummmmmm......  and after a little time in the oven they were done!!  :)
I think next time I will skip the kraft cheese slices on top though! 
and we sered it with a spinach, tomato, cucumber salad with el torito cilantro dressing, and strawberries on the side!! 
and I can't forget the banana cream pie for dessert!!  :)  and there yo have it, a tasty birthday lunch!!  :)  the enchilada recipe follows!! :)
Mazatlan inspired enchiladas

2-3 poblano chiles, depending on how "spicy" you want it to be, I used 2
1 Cup of sour cream
1 can of Nestle's Media Crema (fond in the hispanic isle)
a bunch of cilantro
1 Tablespoon of Knorr seasoning
2 or 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 package of flour tortillas

Mix:  all of the ingredients except for the chicken and the tortillas, in the blender, I did the chilis, one at a time, and only half the cilantro at first, otherwise it's too much for the blender. 
Spray:  a 9X13 dish with cooking spray
Spread:  a little sauce on the bottom, just enough to cover it
Fill:  each tortilla with the chicken filling and roll, setting them along the bottom of the container.... 
Pour:  the remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas
Bake:  for 45 minutes or until the sauce turns a bright green, at 350 degrees, when they're done, you can put a slice of kraft cheese on top of each enchilada....  I may skip this one next time!!  :)
ENJOY!!

5 comments:

jessica said...

so yummy!! thanks again!! i think i will give them a try now ;)

maria said...

you're welcome.... I'm glad they turned out! :)

B is for Boring said...

Oh my goodness Maria those look amazing! Well the Kraft cheese is a little weird but YUMO!

Kati said...

Oh my goodness! I must make these!!!

Second Breakfast said...

I was looking for a recipe just like this and I'm so glad I found yours. Looks amazing and can't wait to try it out!