Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

WOW!!!!

Have you ever gone thru a day where you think, "someday, i'm going to remember and laugh about this." Where the only word to describe is "WOW" or unreal??? That was so my sunday.... I will certainly remember yesterday as the most "bizarre" day I've EVER had. I keep replaying it in my head, yesterday on the way home, in bed before I finally went to sleep, as soon as I woke up this morning, in the shower.... I can't just stop thinking about..... haha!! It was a day in which EVERYTHING and I MEAN EVERYTHING went wrong.... to the point where I got in the car somewhere off the 5 freeway and said a prayer asking God to please just deliver us to my house unharmed.... haha!! YES it was that bad.... ;)
To make a LONG day short, I will rephrase.... Jaime and I went to USC to take her dental hygenist test, her patient was nowhere to be found, the test started at 1230, I think the girl finally showed up around 1245ish?? so Jaime pulled someone off the street, yep, literally off the street, and off we were to get ready for her test, I had to wait in a different room.... and let me tell you that it was a long wait, I was already kinda flustered, and HOT really HOT!! haha!! she came and got me pretty quick, good news I thought.... ummmm.... nope, the kid wasn't going to work, so off she went to get someone else, our original patient was downstairs, so she took her.... and I was still waiting.... those 2 hours were the LONGEST 2 hours of my life.... only for her to come get me again.... and tell me the girl wasn't going to work either.... so Jaime had to withdraw from the test.... I can't even begin to describe how I felt at that moment... definitly sad for her, I knew she was SUPER sad... then of course there was the feeling of frustration, there was nothing I could do to make her feel better.... as a friend you want to be able to do anything to make another feel better, there was definitly nothing I could do or say at this moment... :(
The only thing I could do was "arrange" dinner with Jessica.... :) We were going to meet at Miguel's, but first we had to "get rid of the girl," (by that time Jaime was done, and just wanted to go home.) and show her the right fwy, since she was going a different way.... however, someway along the line my FANTASTIC sense of direction failed me and I missed the 60 fwy, so I stayed on the 5, and thought I'd catch the 91 later on..... and we were ALMOST at the 91 when it happened "the girl" in her mom's mercedes rear-ended a kid in an acura, AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME??? so off we were to make sure she was ok.... and to wait for a tow truck, and the cops... in the meantime I called Jessica back to cancel dinner, and yes by that time "things just kept better for us"..... haha! ;) Finally all cars were "towed" and we were on our way to San Diego to deliver our newly aquired "package" to her mom's house in Coronado.... so there you have it, sunday was definitly a bizarre day, or should I just stick to unreal?? If only we were allowed to have "do-overs" of some days?? I'd definitly choose a do-over for sunday, for Jaime's sake, and for mine.... hahaha!!! No one deserves such a bizarre/unreal day!!!
I do have to say that Jaime taught me a very valuable lesson in staying calm on sunday.... the day was so horrible, and those were her words.... I'm sure I would of had a gnarly meltdown or two, especially if the day had been half as important to me as it was for her.... Instead she kept her cool THE WHOLE TIME.... and for that I admire her.... I certainly do appreciate the fact that "she kept on going" and trying to give it her best all the way to the end.... She kept saying I was her only calming factor that day... funny she was mine!! ;)
Here's to NO more bizarre days in my future.... ;) And to being able to laugh at this one... someday!! haha

1 comment:

B is for Boring said...

Oh Maria! Some days its just not worth getting out of bed... here is to good start to this week!