Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thankful sunday... :)

"Reflect Each Day On All You Have To Be Grateful For And
You Will Receive More To Be Grateful For." -Chuck Danes

Here we are on the last day of my "birthday month" and I have so much to be grateful for, it was literally a full month of celebrations, not only for my birthday, but for other things as well....  and for that I am grateful, I am grateful to have been busy with friends and family for what seemed like everyday!  :)
I think it was literally last thursday when I finally got to just stay home in my "comfy" clothes, and "catch up" on everything from laundry to bills.... and although I enjoyed, dinner dates, movies, shopping and yogurt with friends it was time to just stay home....  even if it was for only a day!!  ;)

I've mentioned this one before, but it continues to be something I am REALLY grateful for on a daily basis...  I am grateful for a job, one that is is steady for the most part....  ;)  yes, there are some days when I have a love/hate relationship with it, but I am still grateful for it everyday!!  :)

.....And I can't forget about my mom and my sister, who went completely out of their way to make my favorite dinner/cake for my special day!  :) My mom never ceases to amaze me, the way she goes completely out of her way to compleately please us on our b-days....  :) Thanks mom, for making my birthday dinner special!

This time around I am also grateful for facebook, and for technology in general...  I mean how else would one get so many birthday wishes from all around the world in one day??  seriously I felt an overwhelming amount of love from EVERYONE that day!!  thanks to everyone who made me feel special!!  :)

Then there was "Maria" day....  that is definitly a day full of thanksfullness and gratefulness for me...  I'm not one who likes to be the center of attention...  but Maria day seems to always be a good day for that!!  and I enjoyed every bit of it...  I wont lie!  ;)  I really am thankful to be surrounded by such an amazing amount of people.... and grateful because I am surrounded by so many people that made me feel so special that day!!  :D  until next year!!  :)

ummmmm....  what can I say I am grateful that I have "artsy" friends, although I'm not so sure I'm grateful about "zombie walk"...  what can I say, it wasn't my thing....  ;)  but Matt tried, and for that he gets extra points...  ;)  not many things make me feel uncomfortable, but zombie walk was definilty one of them!! I'm thinking I may be busy for it next year!!  ;)  lol

....I'm also thankful for Delta for delivering my grandma safely to us from Guatemala for a visit....  I'm certain that her being here will only cause me to gain a few more unwanted pounds, since she will undoubtedly be making a home cooked meal EVERY NIGHT!!!  :)  I can hardly wait!!  :)  I am also grateful that she will be  here to celebrate the holidays with us this year...  because this  year we're definitly going BIG!!!  we didn't celebrate any holidays last year, and we plan on making up for that this year....  :)

....  I think I should thank the UPS man who delivered my birthday surprise too...  how else would I  have gotten chocolate covered strawberries delivered to my doorstep??  ;)

Oh yeah then there was the surprise D-land/birthday weekend celebration that Bea and Vides flew out for....  Vides was sick, but she stuck it out....  :)  thanks girls for flying out...  :)

....and I can't not thank my friends, you guys seriously make me the person who I am...  Thank you for always accepting me for who I am, and for making me feel oh so special on Maria "day", and on every other day for that matter....  :)  and yes thanks even to Matt who may have introduced me to the one thing I may never want to do ever again!!  haha!!

so there you have it....  I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of them now!!  :) 
.....and now it's time to move forward and get ready for the holidays...  i can hardly wait, this is seriously my FAVORITE season!!  :)  I think it may be time to bring the snowmen out!!  ;)

"be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." ~Marcel Proust

No comments: