Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

chocolate covered pretzels....

sooooo.... Bea and the social committe at her school are throwing a baby shower, she said she's done with the cheesy, favors that they usually come up with, and wanted to know if I had any ideas....  ummmm...  I had a few, but none were as cool as as these chocolate dipped pretzel sticks.....  ;)  Thanks Jessica for the idea, otherwise we may of ended up with m&m's in a baggie!  ;)
What I liked was that they weren't that hard to make at all!!!  I went to michaels and picked up a couple of bags of white candy melts, then I picked up a few bags of chocolate chips and pretzel rods and got started.....  :)  yummmmm...  here goes nothing, this was my first time making these so I literally had no idea what to expect!  ;)
I started with the white one's.....  first I melted the candy melts, then I "dipped" them, and then stuck them in the freezer for a few minutes!!  ;)
ta-da!!!  I LOVED the way they turned out!!  :)  the white one's were definitly my favorite!!  ;)
.... and the chocolate one's turned out nice too....  we ended up not using these though, because they turned white the next day....  I think this is the biggest challenge when using chocolate anything to dip....  :(  they looked good the first day though!!  ;)
then we wrapped them all up in baggies, and tied them with wraffia....  and attached a homemade baby shower themed tag!
 .... and I packaged them up in this container so that they could travel to SF with the girls!  :)  I think most of them made it....  I was sad to hear that some didn't make it though!!  :(  looks like I'll have to work on the "packaging" part of the projects!  ;)
 I was so happy with the way they turned out!!  :) 

1 comment:

B is for Boring said...

Love em! What a neat mold did you get those at Michael's too?