Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ed's macaroni casserole!

Grandpa Ed used to make the BEST macaroni casserole EVER!!  I still crave it...  It's mostly on cold winter days though...  So on this day I decided I wanted it, I bought the stuff to make it, and then I made it for dinner...  It was Yummy and Super easy...  You literally only need 3 ingredients!  ;)
What you'll need:
1 box of mac and cheese
1 package of kielbasa, I used the beef kielbasa...  but anyone works, Turkey's good if you're trying to save on calories
and a 1 or 2 tomatoes... enough to layer twice
we LOVE the sausage part here...  so I made 2...  ;)  and I like it with extra tomatoes... 
cook the mac and cheese according to the directions on the box, while that's cooking steam cook the sausage, I did it in about 4 tablespoons of water, in a skillet, for about 15 minutes....
when that's done, take them out of the skillet and let it cool, before  you slice the sausage...  It'll need to be sliced so you can layer it as well...
when the mac and cheese is cooked, layer some on the bottom, enough to cover the bottom, then layer the sausage and tomato slices, and repeat...
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown...  and enjoy!!  :)

No comments: