Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

5 years.....

...I can't believe that 5 years have gone by....
This week in March is always hard for me...  It's one full of so many different kinds of emotions... 
sadness
loss
happiness
Births
accomplishments
....and to think that it was just like that 5 years ago...
This week is going to feel like Deja Vu, all over again....
5 years ago March 21st fell on a wednesday...
March 21 a day I will remember forever,
It comes around every year, as a reminder that our life isn't guaranteed, we don't know how long we have, it's my reminder that
WE SHOULD ALWAYS LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!
It's my reminder to show people how much they mean to me,
to tell people I LOVE them
To serve people in the way God would want me to,
To show appreciation for the people who care for us,
for the people who choose to be a part of our lives,
It's my reminder that we should treat people the way we want to be treated,
My reminder to give of myself without expectations,
These are the lessons I learned from Larry, and losing him has seriously been hard...  I don't think people really understand the "loss" of a good friend until it happens to them...
 on Sunday I got together for lunch with Charles and some of the others, and we talked about how we couldn't believe it had already been 5 years... 
This is not where we thought we would be 5 years ago, remembering, one of our own...
Life has funny way of "happening"
So tomorrow I will remember my friend Larry, all of the happy times, all of the GREAT memories we made, and I will pray and think of his family, his mom, the wife and children who are still here, his brothers and sisters, and all of the friends who will undoubtedly be thinking of him...  Because it will undoubtedly be a hard day for them/us...
....I will also remember that Baby Jason's birthday is on wed, he was born exactly one year after Larry left us...  He was God's sign that everything was going to be ok...
...and then on thursday I will remember that 5 years ago I proudly took the oath to become a US Citizen...  :) 
....On Thursday I will also remember to wish Mr. Lukey Luke a Happy Birthday!  :)
...and today I remembered my little brother who is no longer with us too...  I was 6 when he left us..  but my mom told me today that his anniversary was yesterday, March 19th, a little reminder to myself...  He was so little, and every once in a while I stop to wonder how things would of been... 
Not questioning God in any way...  Just thinking how things would of been different, and thinking how life has a funny way of working out...  Even though I know it's all part of his plan.... 
So here's my yearly 21st of March post, I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring...  But I will go and try my hardest to leave my mark on the world, especially tomorrow, Larry did, and I think that is why the reminder that he is gone is so hard...
Keep watching over us Larry, Red Lightning and I appreciate it...  ;) 
Happy Wednesday everyone...  Don't forget to tell your loved ones you love them...  :)

No comments: