Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Am I living life to the fullest??

Don't leave until tomorrow what you can do today!
(We never know, what is going to happen tomorrow.)
what a fun weekend I had... it was so busy that I didn't have time to do my usual closing of the week, sunday post..... No worries I thought I'll do it on monday!! ;) hahaha!!! prime example of leaving things to the last minute... what can I say? I'm really good at this! ;) so here's a recap of last week in a few sentences.... :) it was a fun one! there was mother's day and a late mother's day BBQ that my dad and I cooked... more pictures to come on this one! :) then there was a fun and relaxing girl's night, thanks DeBran for hosting it, it was deliciously fun! ;) saturday brought on a BBQ "bachelorette" style!! hahaha!!! and sunday was a funfilled pampered chef girl's afternoon day....
Then there was friday.... sometimes I think I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook and technology in general.... but that's another post! ;) on friday I decided to check in on my facebook on my lunch at work, and I found out that an old friend that I grew up with was on her way to the hospital... her brother had had a heart attack.... so sad, he's not that much older than I am, totally made me think.... I checked in on her on friday and she said he was in stable condition, they would know more in 48 hours.... I kept thinking about her and her family all weekend, this was way to close to comfort for them, their mom passed away last september.... but I never got around to checking in on her again, I thought about her last night, it would of been 48 hours..... but as I laid around in bed I thought, I'll check on them tomorrow.... and then tomorrow (today) came, and before I had a chance to check in, I got another facebook update, her brother had passed away last night.... oh man, did I feel bad.... all I kept thinking was "if only I had checked in yesterday".... hindsight's 20/20 right?? it's weird to have someone who is somewhat close to my age, and someone who I grew up with pass away, it makes me really analyze how I'm living my life and question whether or not, I'm living life to the fullest....
They think Bret had a stroke which may of led to the heart attack that eventually claimed his life.... It's such sad news, especially for his wife and young children, and his sisters and dad, it's been such a short time since their mom passed away.... weird, I came home today and told my parents, and my dad couldn't believe it... "No way, he said, I just saw him the other day, he was in his big truck, we said hi to each other, thursday I think".... hmmmmmm.... kinda makes you think about life and how quickly it can be taken from you! :( for the time being we will keep Bret and his family, and his sisters and dad in our prayers, and pray that they may get through this..... Rest in Peace Bret.....
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

No comments: